When is Harvest Church opening?
By now you may have heard that President Trump announced on May 24th that places of worship are “essential businesses” and that the state governors should immediately establish guidance for in-person worship gatherings. Governor Gavin Newsom released guidelines on Monday, May 25th for places of worship to be opened on May 31st.
We are anxious to return to in person services as soon as possible. We will continue to post sermon videos online for the month of June to be viewed at home should you choose to return at a later date. However, we are planning to return to an in-person service on Sunday, June 7th at our regularly scheduled time, but with additional safety measures in place, in accordance with the state guidelines. These will be in place until further notice.
For the health and safety of everyone, Harvest Church is taking the following measures:
- Attendance is limited to 25% of the building capacity. We will evaluate if an additional service time is necessary to accommodate this guideline.
- Every attendee will be screened upon entry with a non-contact thermometer.
- The main entrance doors will be either kept open or opened and closed for you upon arrival and departure.
- We will not be handing out paper bulletins until further notice. A link to a digital version will be on display before the service starts.
- Hand sanitization stations are located in the main entryway, inside the sanctuary by the door, and inside the fellowship hall by the door.
- Hand wipes will be placed inside the restrooms in the foyer to wipe the door handle upon exit of the restroom.
- Tithes and offering can be placed in the box near the exit of the sanctuary. Unless your donation is designated on the offering envelope, it will go into the General Fund.
- We will not be serving Communion until further notice.
In addition, we are also asking that when you attend, please practice the following:
- Please check yourself for a fever or other symptoms of COVID19 before coming to church.
- All attendees will be required to wear a mask. Please keep your mask on at all times, even while singing. If you don’t have a mask, a disposable mask will be provided to you upon entry.
- Upon arrival, attendees will be asked to immediately head into the sanctuary and find their seat. Please do not socialize in the foyer.
- Upon service end, attendees will be asked to exit the building in an orderly manner. If there is a need to socialize, please do so outside.
- Please sit on the end in a row, and on the opposite end of the row from the person(s) in the row in front of you.
- Children must sit with their family. We will not be having Kids Church until further notice.
- Please maintain social distancing at all times. We will not be having a normal greeting time during the service.
Finally, we will only resume Sunday morning services at this time. Kids Church, Youth, and Midweek Bible Study will resume at a later time to be determined. I look forward to seeing you again and returning to business as usual. Until then, we are grateful for your patience and understanding as we navigate this season ahead.
Pastor Tony Mazon